JKT helps streamline the governance of data model design and change request process for a leading global consumer goods brand
The client is one of the world’s largest Consumer Goods brands in Foods, Home & Personal Care. Having a workforce of over 100,000 employees worldwide the group is world’s number one in Savouries, Spreads, Dressings, Tea, Ice Cream, Skin & Deodorant products and has an annual turnover of more than € 40 Billion.
The client’s BI/DW team located in London consolidates data from country specific SAP systems around the globe and corporate applications for the production of financial reports. The client adopted the SAP Netweaver suite, including SAP Business Warehouse as the core component, for delivering data warehousing and business intelligence functionality. The client use SAP BW and the rest of the standardized toolset to integrate, transform and consolidate global data into valuable business information. The client’s projects are delivered by strategic partners whilst adherence to their standards, which are governed and overseen by their internal Data warehouse process owners, Data Model Analysts and SMEs.
The client’s Bi/DW team were exploring options to supplement their Logical Data Modelling team and turned to JKT as one of their offshore Strategic Partners to provide the necessary skills onshore. They wanted a partner (one amongst the global network of Suppliers) who had credible experience in the client’s business processes, proven BI/DW skills in SAP BW and a seamless working experience in a multifaceted multicultural multivendor environment. In particular, they wanted a partner who could demonstrate:
- Domain expertise in the Consumer products sector
- Proven knowledge of the client’s business processes and design principles
- Credible technology skills in SAP BW, Data Modelling & ETL
- Exceptional focus on quality and change management
- Experience in SAP best practices for implementation and governance
A small team from JKT India based itself at the client’s London office with the Data modelling team. We reviewed the design principles and established an end-to-end process to implement and govern conformance of technical specifications and designs within the client’s projects.
The solution included:
- Comparing SAP BW technical specifications and designs with the client’s principles
- Monitoring and tracking the development teams across BI-COE to ensure adherence to proper change request processes
- Ensuring Compliance using SAP’s CUP for any new user
JKT completed the first phase of the engagement in less than 6 months and then successfully transitioned the data modelling service to our Advanced Development Centre in India. The client have retained the data modelling service to oversee many projects including the global ‘Connect’ program and the validation of data models from the North American business.
The client is able to realize the benefits from an outsourced offshore engagement which resulted in streamlining the governance of Data Model design, Change Request process and releasing internal resources and budget for other mission critical work.
- Improved governance and adoption of best practices across BI-COE
- Uninterrupted Service assurance & high quality delivery from offshore
- Reduced operational costs
- Seamless integration with multicultural multivendor environment
- Improved performance & productivity
- Access to skilled resource
- Frameworks and enablers
- Global delivery capability