Application Managed Services
Leading high street retailer reduces support costs and improves efficiency through Application Managed Services
Specsavers is the world’s largest privately owned optical group with total revenue for 2012/13 exceeding £1.7 billion. The company has more than 1,600 stores in 10 countries and well over 23 million registered customers worldwide. Specsavers is the largest retail provider of home delivery of contact lens and retail dispenser of digital hearing aids in the United Kingdom and has been voted Britain’s most trusted opticians for 11 years running by Readers Digest, as well as raising millions for various charities across the globe.
As part of their successful global expansion, Specsavers needed to strengthen their IT services to meet the increasing business demands. A key part of this was to introduce an industry standard, cost effective, efficient and reliable application support service to manage not only their new global applications but also their ‘legacy’ applications. Specsavers identified that introducing a third party vendor to provide Application Managed Services (AMS) for majority of their “legacy” applications would allow them to release their internal resources to concentrate on their new IT strategy.
The client wanted an AMS partner who could demonstrate capability and credibility to:
- Develop and operate ITIL compliant processes and procedures (incident, problem & change management)
- Define and agree service scope including service windows, SLAs and service demand
- Provide Tier 3 services for incident management
- Undertake problem analysis within problem management
- Provide a development service within change management
- Engage in a mature business relationship including governance and shared plans
JKT, with a proven history delivering application support services to many clients across the globe, were selected as the partner to deliver Application managed services for tenure of three years.
As an established practitioner JKT were well positioned to meeting all the clients’ criteria:
- Client domain knowledge
- Client Technology platform
- Service Management knowledge
- ITIL Support Framework
- ITIL Transition Framework
- 24×7 global support for ‘legacy’ retail, supply chain and corporate applications
- ITIL support for incident, problem and change management
- Flexible service delivery based on application, service window, SLAs and service demand
- Service definition – fully ITIL aligned including governance, separation of duties, standard processes and SLAs
- Transition project – a proven standard project approach to minimise transition risks
- Service maturity model – delivering savings through service optimisation and service assurance underpinned by client specific training academy
- High value – balancing the benefits, risks and costs of a predominantly offshore managed service
- Strong contract – clear and comprehensive to minimise administration and operational conflict
- Significant (70/30) offshore/onshore delivery ratio
- An open and solid relationship between the Client and JKT
- Steady and predictable service
- Outcome based Service – greatly reduced operational cost
- Implemented proven industry best practice and matured delivery processes
- Robust SLA – achieving above customer satisfaction
JKT has been engaged with Specsavers since 2003 and has built an enviable reputation to become a key IT Services Partner. Over this period JKT has successfully delivered core solutions to the client’s custom-built IT applications for retail outlets, supply chain and head office based inventory and reporting. Our initial engagement started as a staff-augmentation service and has transformed over the years into a trusted partner. We take proactive ownership and are able to mitigate the risks involved in executing output/SLA based projects.