Healthcare industry faces a lot of challenges like higher costs, operational efficiency and quality imperatives. So, many hospitals are turning to Enterprise Resource Planning Solutions (ERP) that provides a single point at which all the operations can be controlled.
Cloud Based ERP systems are known to modernize the business activities to boost the productivity of the organizations. The healthcare industry is looking for ways to cut costs and use innovative technologies in their operations. To attain these goals, cloud based systems are the best choices. Given below are some reasons as to why go for cloud based solutions.
Reasons to opt cloud based ERP systems for healthcare industry
- Lowers Cost: ERP in the cloud is found to reduce the capital costs of healthcare organizations. If the system is cloud based, they just have to pay what and when they require. The resources can be bought whenever a need arises without increasing the operational charges. A fully integrated cloud solution enables better cash flow and efficiency leading to lowered cost in the end.
- Better Efficiency: ERP systems that are cloud based take care of things related to materials management, payroll, HR, financing and accounting and many other areas. To maintain the hardware for these operations, the ERP systems require lesser capital and employee resources. Thus, the employees are able to give their full attention to patient care and clinical management thereby increasing efficiency. Cloud based ERP solution has a single configuration module that is self-sufficient in itself.
- Integration: Cloud based solutions offers the advantage of integrating over interfacing. It is better to have a single fully integrated unit rather than multiple interfaced solutions. Working with a single solution is easy as you can get the required information from the respective module without much hassle. The ERP system provides a single analytics tool which helps identify the overall expenses of the organization.
- Real-time Data: If cloud based, an ERP solution helps the hospital administration to get real time data and analytics. Every individual associated with the hospital can view the exact data they need in their respective dashboards. Analytics tools that are advanced help take better decisions thereby improving efficiency and reducing operational costs. The managers have access to the critical information which needs immediate action. This way, there is no delay in taking the right decisions.
- Data Security: It is important that the data in the healthcare organizations remain secured. It is often doubted whether the data stored in the cloud servers are safe. The fact is that in EPR cloud system, the security of information is ensured more than anything else. The customer databases are encrypted for safety and no trespasser can access the data.
Cloud Based ERP systems are flexible in configuration. It can handle most of the business processes without the need to customize for specific hospitals. Moreover, it is also possible to add extra features that are unique to organizations. These will be linked automatically to the integrated system. From these benefits discussed, it is clear that cloud based solutions best suit the requirements of healthcare industry.