The client is one of the leading outdoor media companies in the UK and Europe, with an extensive portfolio of over 235,000 sites combining airports, roadside posters, premium digital screens and more. Their outdoor inventory reaches over 95% of the UK population and beyond. In addition to that, they are the main provider of bus advertising nationwide.
The client desired for a robust and flexible system, that would help them in media management and maintaining the inventory for advertisement. They wanted a solution to streamline the processes of different departments and integrating it with the Salesforce software, that would result in data accuracy across channels, better visibility of operations and reduced manual intervention.
The leading outdoor media company desired to maintain an inventory for advertisement in the MSD AX 2012 system. This included the number of advertisements and the amount of advertisement space available in plots that a publisher can sell to an advertiser. The inventory was maintained manually outside the system, which made it difficult to track inventory movement accurately.
With their extensive and growing digital portfolio & creative solutions opportunities, the client aimed at creating unique and memorable consumer experiences for brands. They desired a centralised, purpose-built system with real-time data showcasing live availability of plots and location, order placement and campaign management for its audiences.
It sought support for upgrading their MSD AX 2012 system as it was comprehensive, scalable, easy-to-use and allowed seamless flow of information across the organization.
JK Technosoft analysed the need to support the degree of customization and upgradation of the current MSD AX 12 system as compared to the legacy system. We also developed the enterprise portal to provide collaboration between data, employee, customer, process and application and business process reengineering for of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Project Management modules to improve the parameters such as quality, cost, speed.
The details of the business-critical solutions are mentioned below: –
- Inventory availability report and inventory movement tracking: The client used to maintain their inventory in a third-party software. It was integrated with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, which enabled the entire inventory to be tracked in AX 2012 through plots, resulting in accurate tracking of the inventory movement. In case of an empty plot, it could be assigned to another advertiser. Additionally, the reporting mechanism enabled them to realize the full potential of the available inventory.
- Sub-contracting process: The sub-contracting process & packages were included in AX 2012.
- Managing prime and regular customer: Maintaining the list of prime customer and regular customer and managing their order placement as per the rates of advertising was now being managed with the AX system.
- Integration of Salesforce: Salesforce integration with AX ensured seamless sales related information flow into the system and maintained sales order creation.
- SSRS report development: Implementation of production module and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Report development helped with direct and efficient reporting access to information residing in varied server databases.
Figure 1: JKT Solution Footprint
- The system upgrade & integration streamlined media management and resulted in single access, increased productivity and real-time data access.
- Third party softwares were replaced by integrating existing processes in AX. This resulted in accurate inventory availability report and movement tracking and saved the additional cost of maintaining another software by 100%.
- Inventory re-usability was challenging to track and was addressed through integration to Microsoft dynamics AX 2012 resulting in 100% inventory reusage.
- Integrating Salesforce with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 enabled item, inventory, sales and customer information to flow into the system with reduced manual errors and increased productivity of the resources to focus more on strategic work.