The client is a global leader in purchasing and operation control solutions for the hospitality industry for more than 25 years. The client’s products are used in more than 54 countries by many of the world’s leading organisations including Marriott, Starwood, Loews, Fairmont, Ritz Carlton and Jumeirah.
The client’s ability to continuously evolve its product to meet the changing market requirements made it the preferred choice within the hospitality industry. The client is passionate about serving customers and strives to exceed customers’ expectations in each and every interaction. A pure hospitality solution built to tomorrow’s standards, the client’s products help control procurement, materials, recipes, forecasting, ordering schedules, production, sales, and more to drive bottom-line profits.
The client’s flagship product is used around the world by virtually every major hotel chain, not to mention cruise lines, resorts and educational institutions. The client decided to migrate the legacy client-server based product to a three-tier web-based solution (.Net) to offer a truly web enabled product, improve maintainability and reduce licensing costs. The client also wanted to introduce new features like Automated Routing, Vendor Quotes and fix the Licensing & Concurrency issues in the old product. The client faced a major outsourcing challenge due to absence of suitable technical documentation.
The client sought an established IT services partner having proven track record in Progress and Microsoft platforms and legacy modernisation.
JKT, with more than two decades of experience in developing and maintaining IT applications, has a proven track record of developing custom software solutions in Microsoft, Progress, QAD, SAP and Oracle. JKT’s Technical Services practice has undertaken several custom applications development, legacy modernisation and application support assignments that have repeatedly delivered best-fit solutions for customers.
JKT’s solution was based on a proven reverse engineering methodology for execution of such projects. A joint team of Progress and Microsoft experts was formed to address the documentation challenge. While the Progress specialists reverse engineered the legacy Progress code, developed specifications and sought approval from the client, the Microsoft team went about developing the new application using .Net framework.
The solution involved:
- Design the .Net framework and freeze the new architecture.
- Create web prototype / proof-of-concepts to clearly define requirements.
- Migrate / convert the existing application to .Net
- Integrate with POS and Accounting systems.
- New modules development.
- SLA based support for legacy product.
- New web-enabled product reaffirmed Client’s position as the leading supplier to the industry.
- Significant cost savings by using JKT’s global delivery model.
- Robust and scalable architecture platform for future growth.
- Reduced time-to-market.
- Faster resolution of problems hence improved customer satisfaction.
- Reliable service partner.
- Access to skilled pool of resource.