The client has been a global leader in purchasing and operation control solutions for the hospitality industry for more than 25 years. The client’s flagship product is used in more than 54 countries by virtually every major hotel chain, not to mention cruise lines, resorts and educational institutions. A pure hospitality solution built for tomorrow’s standards, the client’s product helps control procurement, materials, recipes, forecasting, ordering schedules, production, sales and more to drive bottom-line profits. The client has retained its leadership position by continuously evolving its product to meet changing market requirements.
The client decided to migrate the legacy client-server based product to a three-tier web-based solution (.Net) to offer a truly web enabled product, improve maintainability and reduce licensing costs. The client also wanted to introduce new features such as automated routing, vendor quotes and resolve the licensing and concurrency issues in the old product. The client faced a major outsourcing challenge due to the absence of appropriate technical documentation.
- Use of a proven reverse engineering methodology for execution of the projects
- Formation of a joint team of Progress and Microsoft experts to address the documentation challenge
- Design of the .Net framework and creation of the new architecture
- Creation of web prototypes/proof-of-concepts to clearly define requirements
- Migration of the existing application to .Net
- Integration with POS and accounting systems
- Development of new modules
- SLA-based support for the legacy product
- Reduction in the overall IT spends on the development of the new product
- Focus on the run and maintain operations without affecting client SLAs
- Operations continuity during the changeover