The client is ranked number two globally in the notebook and PC segment. A profitable and sustainable Channel Business Model is instrumental in the company’s continuing growth, while its multi-brand approach integrates the client, Gateway, Packard Bell, and eMachines brands in worldwide markets. The client employs 8,000 people across the globe and its revenues exceed US$15 billion.
To support its aggressive sales and marketing plans, the client wanted to completely modernize its legacy e-commerce application to handle the increased load and complexity of its rapidly growing online business while boosting its partner business. The organization was looking for a robust, scalable, resilient and secure technology platform to significantly increase the overall throughput of its web portal and vastly improve its sales and marketing content and features. The client selected JBOSS as its strategic platform and desired a partner with the technical expertise to evaluate the existing application and improve the overall architecture and scalability beyond that of the existing application.
- Delivery of a Proof-of-Concept (POC) project to migrate the Order Entry module onto JBOSS.
- Migration of the entire existing e-commerce application to JBOSS.
- Wholesale customer management.
- Retail customer management.
- Portal administration.
- e-Gift voucher redemption processing.
- Cash back processing.
- Integration with partners through web services.
- Standardization of the framework using MV.C
- Flexible and dynamic software development processes using Agile techniques.
- Significant improvement in value for money by utilizing JK Technosoft’s 100 percent offshore delivery model
- Strong and secure IT and network infrastructure in a highly modern ODC.
- Invigoration of the client’s partner business quickly along with expansion of the customer base to meet business expectations.
- Substantial project throughput with a series of successful deliveries at the right cost.
- Radical improvement in product performance and resilience of the web portal.
- Development of a long-term relationship with a reliable technology partner.