The client is one of India’s leading food companies with a 100-year legacy with leading brands in biscuits, breads, cakes, rusk and dairy products. With presence in more than 60 countries across the globe, they have a strong market position in the other GCC countries, a market leader in Nepal and footprints in North America, Europe, Africa and South East Asia through exports.
The client sought to improve their Customer Support teams’ productivity through a unified communications system that integrated its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) ensuring:
- Handling Daily Call and Message Volume
- Single view of the customer and improved customer services
- Highly Productive Customer Support team
The client had to deal with a lot of customer data, on a daily basis, that came in through incoming and outgoing calls/messages. With its disparate communications system it was difficult to integrate with other cloud-based software. In addition, managing and moving crucial information around the business, with no real-time access to the error-free data, was time consuming and repetitive as record keeping and tracking was performed manually. This resulted in low productivity of the customer support team and deprived customer service for the consumers.
JKT developed a Salesforce Service Cloud based CRM Call Centre, thus allowing integration with third-party CTI systems.
After transitioning to an integrated communication system, the calls were operated and managed from inside the Salesforce Service Console opened in browser. The support team could automatically view all data related to the customer while answering the call, if needed they could an easily lookup other relevant data residing in Salesforce. They could easily enable, disable, hook into click-to-dial and get the data from console. This allowed the support team to attend more calls over a day improving their productivity.
The focus was now more on improving the service and growing business, rather than housekeeping and data retrieval.
Figure 1: JKT CTI Integration Workflow
Agent would pick the call directly in Salesforce (from Windows machine) as there would be a POP up on the screen with customer details if existed on the same number he called, or he could be a new customer to be registered as a new case.
Post implementation of the integrated system, call log details, and query call centre configuration were automatically saved which earlier were carried out manually.
This helped them to create a call flow ensuring zero customer data loss and deeper understanding of the customer journey with the business.
CTI not only helped our client’s customer to experience a better service, but it also proved to be beneficial for the supervisors, as it supported call monitoring, call recording and real time analytics with the help of which the supervisor was now easily able to evaluate the performance of the sales representative during an ongoing call and offer a real time assistance in case the representatives are struggling.
- Reduced Capex by approx. 20% with introduction of a unified communications system on Salesforce Service Cloud integrated with CTI.
- CTI saved agent’s time, as the time to register a case was around 3 to 4 minutes minimum and it was reduced 1.5 to 2min. This resulted in freeing up Agent’s time by almost 30%.
- CTI helped the customer support team with Progressive call system, which enabled auto dialing the numbers in the list available, thus reducing the manual work.
- Enhanced the customer service through efficiently handling of calls. The daily call handling volume increased by 30 – 40%.
- Agent and data monitoring became easy for the client, as now the supervisors could analyse the performance of the sales representative, monitor team’s performance, guide and assign work as per their capabilities.
- Standard reports like Average Call Handling time, Call Abandonment Rate and Dynamic reports like “My Calls This Week” or “My Team’s Calls This Week” helped provide user/team specific reports.