Experience Level (In Yrs): 2.5 to 4 Years
Number of Position(s): 1
Mandatory Technical Skills:
Primary skills – Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache Camel, Active MQ, Webservices, Hibernate.
Secondary skills – TDD/BDD, Cucumber.
A strong and experienced Java developer is required to join the Public Services teami to work on the development of large scale operational policing applications.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members located elsewhere within the UK and India.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and pro-active approach to software development.
- Demonstrate the desire to produce high quality software products within agreed budget and timescale constraints.
- The ability to pro-actively suggest and implement process improvements that enhance the performance, productivity and morale of the team.
- The ability to work flexibly and imaginatively in a changing and evolving project environment.
- Produce technical specifications and software designs based on high level customer requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the Business Analysts and Product Owners to resolve requirements gaps and conflicts.
- Develop high quality software using Java technologies.
- Create and execute comprehensive Unit Tests on developed software.
- Support and maintain developed software within agreed service level targets and quality objectives.
- Work effectively in a dynamic Agile software development environment.
- Provide technical support, guidance and inspiration to other members of the team, both onshore and offshore.
- Promptly escalate issues which cause personal or team development to fall outside of agreed quality or timescale tolerances and to actively contribute to their resolution.
- Pro-actively suggest and implement agreed process improvements that enhance the performance, productivity and morale of the team.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes that enhance the performance and quality of personal and team deliverables.
- Work flexibly and imaginatively in a changing and evolving project environment.
- Quaification/Education: B.E / B.Tech / MCA.