JK Tech’s IT team provided the best guidance and created IT strategies to overcome the challenges.
The below functionalities were introduced in the EMR Application:
- The application was updated in compliance with the guidelines of NCPDP (National Council for Prescription Drug Programs) and the National Committee of Quality Assurance to improve the exchange of healthcare information.
- An automatic billing facility was added to charge patients using their credit card details.
- A telemedicine functionality was introduced so that providers and patients can interact via Zoom and required medications can be suggested.
- Healthcare providers can have cost, source, and supply options at their fingertips from the very first conversation, offering the patients a transparent view of price implications, using RTPB (Real-Time Prescription Benefit) functionality implemented in EMR.
- Implantable devices module is added to enhance patient care.
- Problem alerts are added so that providers can select recommended diagnoses based on the patient’s vitals.
- Synchronization of providers’ details with third-party applications and real-time synchronization with patient appointment applications.
- Dual sign-off for high-alert medications is implemented to reduce the risk of human error while prescribing these medications.
- An interactive electronic mechanism (CDSM) is added which providers can use to verify whether the procedure they are ordering is appropriate for the patient’s condition or not.
To overcome the challenges of storing patients’ health concerns and suggested goals in the application, a new module CARE PLAN module was created, consisting of 4 sub-modules:
- Health Concerns – To keep track of patients’ health concerns, the health-related details were stored.
- Goals – As per the health conditions of the patient, goals would be suggested and tracked for any improvement.
- Interventions – If some suggestions are not improving a patient’s health, then the physician can suggest new ways to achieve goals.
- Outcomes – This was to evaluate the progress of the patient’s health. After analyzing a patient’s health conditions, setting goals, and suggesting options to achieve goals, physicians can track the results achieved.
Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs)
- JK Tech provided a user-friendly screen that generates the eCQM report for various CQMs (Clinic Quality Measures) as per the eCQM version and measurement period in the form of PDF, QRDA1, and QRDA3 XML.
- Each year upgrade the eCQM as per the latest version released by CMS.
- Check the Technical Release Notes to align with current clinical guidelines and code systems so, they remain relevant and actionable within the clinical care setting.
- Check the eCQM Logic and Implementation Guidance that provides general logic along with detailed information on topics including measure versioning and time interval calculations.
Fig: eCQMS Process