SAP HANA Cloud Platform: Overview
SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) is a Platform as a Service model meant for creating new applications and run/expand existing (SAP) applications. Most of the SAP cloud services including SuccessFactors use the HANA Cloud Platform to build customizations. Its key functionalities include analytics, mobile services, transactions, collaboration, security, integration and can also serve as a portal.
The SAP HANA cloud platform provides a platform to SAP Service Providers for building new applications and run them. It can also be used to make changes on existing applications. The HANA cloud platform that is hosted by SAP cloud services also enables application developers to customize their applications to meet specific client needs.
SAP HANA cloud platform is both a platform and a service. As a service, it enables enterprises to undertake application management work. The platform enables users to access data from the SAP HANA database in real time. SAP HANA cloud platform is also ideal for both small and large projects. Besides, the SAP cloud services can be customized to offer solutions to unique client needs.
The SAP HANA Cloud Platform offers two main levels of functionality; first as an application service and second as a database service. As an application service, businesses can create new applications and make them accessible to their employees or clients.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform as an Application Service
As an application service it offers the following features:
- Mobile services: It acts as a mobile platform in the cloud through which mobile applications that are similar to the SAP mobile platform can be availed.
- Analytics: The HCP analytic feature enables users to analyze and present data visually. This feature is easy to use and provides insight on the data available in the cloud platform.
- Portal: The HCP portal enables for creating and taking live mobile friendly websites. The HCP portal serves as an intranet that brings together in-house and cloud solutions in a centralized environment for employees to access.
- Collaboration: It enables sharing of information among users with the SAP functionality feature. It can be set up for employees working on a specific project to facilitate communication, cooperation and operational efficiency.
- Security: It enables data security through functionalities such as creating user accounts, integrating the entire system to ensure data protection while providing easy access to authorized persons.
- Integration: It allows for easy integration of on-premise systems and other cloud environments.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform as a Database Service
As a data base service the SAP HCP offers the following functionalities:
- Transactions: It stores transactional data in real time and avails data when required e.g. for analysis.
- Analytics: Provides real time analyses of large data. Although it has built in algorithms for analysis, it also supports external algorithms. It allows for the option of analyzing textual data whether the data is structured in files or unstructured.
- Streaming: Serves as a platform to analyze and process large data.
- Spatial: It allows for data visualization and display of data containing geographical elements.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform is one of the best cloud services in the world today which can be utilized by SAP service providers for offering better services.