Migration from SAP to HANA systems allows your business to speed up and grow immensely in capabilities. For businesses depending on SAP as the primary ERP system, the transformation to SAP HANA is rewarding.
Up to 80% of the entire work in HANA projects is testing, which means most of SAP HANA project work for existing SAP customers is testing and business process validation.
HANA is an in-memory database platform capable of combining real-time analytics with transactional information. This aids businesses to deploy new business models that are far more informative and beneficial than the traditional business models constructed with SAP.
Though there are a number of paths available for migrating from SAP to SAP HANA systems, one need to choose the one that best fits all requirements. Thus, an intelligent choice of a SAP HANA Service Provider makes the complete migration process easier.
Role of Testing in SAP HANA Migration
Testing makes sure that a soon to be implemented HANA project is error free, which means it does not run the organization into undesired process risks. A HANA project is subjected to several types of tests. All these tests, broadly classified into three categories – functional, role-based, and performance, are summed up as follows:
- Functional Tests: In addition to verifying the accuracy of HANA-based BI reports, functional tests ensure that HANA applications and reports under testing are fully functional. As HANA systems notably combine real-time analytics with transactional information, verifying BI reports in contrast to the transactional system(s) becomes essential. This is taken care by functional testing. Apart from these verifications, functional tests are done on a HANA project for verifying its functionality on multiple devices, including popular mobile platforms.
- Role-based Tests: Following the import of models from BW InfoProvider to a SAP HANA project, ensuring role-based authorizations are followed, is essential. This is ensured by role-based testing.
- Performance Tests: The primary aim of performance testing is to make sure that the performance of a HANA project is well above the required performance level. In the first scenario, performance tests ensure near real-time data transfer across Sybase replication services or LT server by driving load against the transactional system(s). In the second scenario, better performance benefits are realized for analytics, dashboards, and reports. You can achieve it by driving load against post-conversion HANA based BW.
Importance of Test Automation
Script-based, first generation test automation tools have become obsolete to be used in ever-changing environments that most of the businesses nowadays have. Therefore, modern solutions for test automation are necessary. One such solution is JKT SAP HANA Service Provider.
Reasons to Employ JKT for Testing your HANA Project
- Complete: Covers all SAP and non-SAP applications effectively.
- Fast: The turn back time of JKT is just a couple of days.
- Flexible: You can easily make changes to the JKT system as per the change in your applications and business processes.
- Simple: Simple design is synonymous with JKT. Whether a small business or a global firm uses the tool, it is designed to keep things simple from the very start of the testing until its completion.
Make your SAP HANA migration easier and swift with JKT. With its effective processing and flexible design, you can have a smooth risk-free SAP HANA transformation process.