The client is among the leading multinational optical retail chains based in the UK, operating in Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Australia, and New Zealand. The company provides high-quality and affordable optical and hearing care.
The client encountered several challenges in their invoice management process, including:
- Excessive Manual Work: The need for extensive manual effort in handling invoices, leading to inefficiencies and increased workload.
- Invoice Duplication: Instances of duplicate invoices being generated, causing confusion and discrepancies in financial records.
- Time Consumption: The significant amount of time spent on manual invoice processing, hindering productivity and delaying essential tasks.
- Resource Optimization: The challenge of effectively utilizing available resources to manage the invoicing workload while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Scalability Issues: Difficulties in scaling the invoicing process to accommodate the client’s growing business needs without compromising efficiency and accuracy.
The client operates multiple stores, and their staff members have been redeeming duplicate vouchers through the digital requisition portal. However, if these duplicates are not redeemed within the same month, staff members lose access to them. Consequently, the stores are inadvertently sending duplicate invoices to clients, leading to confusion and inefficiencies in their invoicing process.
The client’s primary objective was to streamline their operations by minimizing manual efforts and eliminating invoice duplication, both at the store and staff levels.
JK Tech has implemented an advanced solution to address the challenges faced by the client in managing their invoices:
- We start by extracting redemption reports from the client portal.
- Utilizing Levenshtein’s Distance Algorithm, we accurately identify duplicate names in the extracted data.
- Dynamically selecting the current date, we calculate the dates for the past four months, ensuring the extraction of relevant data spanning the current month and the preceding four months.
- Systematically iterating through the list of company names, we filter the data for each company individually.
- Within each company dataset, we extract employee names for further analysis.
- Our algorithm performs multiple checks on these employee names to identify duplicates.
- These checks are meticulously conducted for each employee, cross-referencing them with names from every company in the list.
- Upon detecting duplicate names, our system marks them for easy identification.
- We automate the process of drafting detailed emails containing updated reports and promptly sending them to the client.
- This methodical approach not only saves time and effort but also significantly enhances the accuracy and efficiency of the entire invoice management process for our client.
Business Process Diagram:
The benefits achieved by automating the Efresh process were:
- Operational issues were reduced by 80%.
- Workforce productivity increased by 75%.
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced manpower
- Boost in scalability
- Hassel-free implementation