Client is an established leader in petroleum marketing & fuel supply. It started in 1957 and have consistently grown over the past 59 years. Client provides fuel and energy to 27,000 locations for over 3700 commercial customers, 440 school districts, 770 counties, and 590 cities across the United States and Canada.
The client used different websites for internal and external users:
- To provide single sign on different website for internal & external users.
- To modify the out of the box CSS to implement a modern design.
- Client wanted to use only Form based authentication that stops some of the functionality.
- To implement many of the custom implementation on the same page. Some time it may affect the performance.
- Configured SharePoint environment.
- Provided authentication and authorization process by using SQL database.
- Provided PowerPivot feature.
- Provided Search functionality for On-Prem and SharePoint online.
- Implemented hybrid search for SharePoint online.
- Developed many of the custom web parts to provide different functionalities.
- Developed many of the timer jobs.
- Implemented Retention policy with custom workflows.
- Automated process, it reduces the manual process.
- Single sign on, SharePoint provided SSO feature so users need not to sign in again and again for external application.
- Better view, SharePoint is providing graphical representation of data to make it easy to understand.
- Performance, SharePoint provides a rich performance while doing operation on site.
- Provided Iframes to open the external links using SSO.
- Multilingual functionality is also provided for different region of users.